Established in 1995, Carers and Disability Link is a regional provider supporting people with disability, older community members, and family Carers across the peri-urban fringe of the Adelaide Hills and Barossa and into the rural and remote regions of Yorke Peninsula and the Lower North.
As a registered NDIS provider, Aged Care Home Support provider and Carer Support Partner, Carers and Disability Link provides a range of services including assistance with daily activities, group and therapy supports, support coordination, plan management, social support, respite, and community connection.
OUR MISSION: Carers and Disability Link is a highly respected, quality community service provider. We actively empower carers, the aged, and people with disability to live enriched lives, through individualised support and service provision
Full time position
Located in either Nuriootpa (Head office), Woodside, Clare or Kadina
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Quality Management Professional who will support our Quality, Risk Management and Compliance business practices. You will provide expertise, and have active involvement in design, delivery and evaluation of the quality, risk, and compliance systems, as well as providing related procedural HR and Work Health and Safety (WHS) advice and support.
This will be an excellent opportunity for someone looking to be a part of a growing and dynamic organisation looking to make a real change to the level and quality of services available to the people of regional South Australia. This is offered as a full-time position, although we are open to negotiation.
What you need to bring
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and proven ability to build and foster productive relationships and establish trust with staff across the organisation.
- Excellent communication skills to coach, teach, inform, and advise staff using different formats and channels.
- A high level of self-motivation and self-awareness, with a person-centred focus.
- Personal and professional integrity and personal fit with organisational values.
- Analytical skills, innovation, and ability to develop and enhance internal quality and workforce systems.
- Exceptional time management and organisational skills, with the ability to balance conflicting demands from a large and varied workload and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience in providing strategic and operational advice to leaders on a range of quality, compliance, and risk management matters.
- Sound understanding of contemporary human resources practices relating to recruitment, performance management, and employee relations. A general understanding of application within the disability service sector to improve workforce quality, capacity and capabilities.
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation and standards affecting the provision of quality services and workforce management.
- A commitment to continuous quality improvement and workforce development.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in quality improvement, risk management and compliance programs and activities, with generalist HR and WHS experience and knowledge.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Compliance, Quality Management, Human Resource Management, or other relevant disciplines is preferred.
All successful applicants must possess a current DHS Disability Services Employment Screening and a Working with Children Check, Child Safe Environments Certificate and an NDIS Worker Orientation Completion Certificate or be prepared to obtain these.
What we offer
- Friendly, caring, and collaborative working environment driven by strong values.
- Exciting challenges and a supportive team to help you rise to them.
- Access to our fantastic salary packaging options – increase your take home pay by decreasing the amount of tax you pay.
- Growth and change offering genuine opportunities for career advancement.
- Remuneration commensurate with experience.
- Ongoing professional development.
- Opportunity to work close to home from one of four regional offices – Clare, Kadina, Nuriootpa (Head Office), or Woodside.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, we would love to hear from you.
How to apply?
Position description: Quality Manager Position Description
When submitting an application, please attach your resume and a cover letter addressing the demonstrable requirements/competencies.
Carers and Disability Link
Attention: Vicki Williamson
39 Onkaparinga Valley Road,
Woodside SA 5244
or Email: [email protected]
Applications close by COB Friday 29th October 2021
Disability Services Coordinator
30 Hours per week
Located in Nuriootpa
We are seeking a highly motivated, passionate, self driven individual to join our experienced Disability Services Team, based in Nuriootpa, Barossa Valley. It is essential that you possess excellent written skills, coupled with highly effective communication skills, administration and computer skills. We offer this exciting opportunity as a permanent part- time position, up to 30 hours per week (with relief hours when required). Hours may be negotiated for the ideal applicant.
Applicants possessing the following elements coupled with the intrinsic requirements of the Position Description will be highly regarded.
- NDIS participant engagement through service agreements and care plans
- An ability to work collaboratively with other disability service providers under NDIS plans.
- Coordination of Supports for NDIS participants.
- Leadership, team work, planning and relationship building abilities
- A demonstrated understanding of the potential needs, barriers and opportunities of persons living with disability and their primary carer/s
- A demonstrated ability to meet personal goals, client driven outcomes and the organisations targets
- The ability to provide professional services with dignity and respect
- Empathy and drive in order to meet the needs of the target group
- Effective time management
- Evidence of qualifications in disability, aged care or community services or equivalent
- Certificate in Community Services Coordination is desirable but not essential
The successful applicant must possess a current DCSI Child Related Employment Screening or a Department of Human Services Disability Clearance, NDIS Worker Check, and a Child Safe Environments certificate, or be prepared to obtain these.
The terms and conditions of this role are set against the SCHC&DS Industry Award, and the successful applicant will be employed at Level 3 or 4 depending on qualifications, with aaccess to salary packaging options to increase your take home pay.
Applications, including your resume and a cover letter addressing the demonstrable requirements/competencies to be sent to:
39 Onkaparinga Valley Road,
Woodside SA 5244 or [email protected]
By COB Friday 29/10/2021
Community Care Workers (All Regions)
Independent Contractors/Casual/Permanent part-time
As demand has increased for disability services across our communities, we are looking or highly motivate, passionate and self-driven individuals to support our clients in their homes and communities.
Subject to your skills and qualifications, you may be required to deliver any of the following services:
• Personal care
• Meal preparation
• Domestic duties
• Respite/social support
• Community support
• Assistance with development of independent skills
• Mentor support
Minimum current qualifications are:
First aid certificate, Manual Handling Certificate, Food Safety Certificate, Infection Control Certificate, ABN (independent contractor).
Other qualifications and skills in disability, aged or home and community care, education or other relevant discipline, will be an advantage.
All successful applicants must have a current DHS Disability Services Employment Screening and a Working With Children Check, Child Safe Environments Certificate and an NDIS Worker Orientation Completion Certificate, or be prepared to obtain these.