Together, we link people with disabilities, carers and the aged, with care and support services through flexible and inclusive choices within our local community
Carers and Disability Link is a highly respected, quality community service provider. We actively empower carers, the aged, and people with disability to live enriched lives, through individualised support and service provision.
Through best practice, Carers & Disability Link walks with and alongside the people we serve, to develop strong positive regional communities. We support you in shaping your own destiny, respecting your choice and control.
A message from our CEO
I cannot recall how many times I have been told, “Just knowing you are there is what gets me through”. This is music to our ears as we then know what we are doing is right – that we are listening to you, that we are walking alongside you and are there when YOU need us and in ways that YOU direct, that you are comfortable in asking for our support and spending time with our staff and volunteers, that we are providing the right support for you with the right people for you, and most importantly that we are reliable, trustworthy and inclusive.
Vicki Williamson, CEO
Where to find us
We will provide professional, high quality, accessible, fair and timely service. You can expect respect, choice, control, flexibility, understanding, clear and accurate information and responsive service.
We are here to talk to you about your needs and help you to find the right fit of services and supports for you. Call us today and see what we can do for you and how we can make a difference in your life.
Carers and Disability Link deliver supports and services through a team of qualified independent contractors. These support workers live locally within the community which helps our clients to stay connected with the local community and provides flexibility that can meet your changing needs. Local workers also provide best value for money. All independent contractors have:
- Minimum qualification of Certificate 3 in Disability, Aged Care, Mental Health or Child and Youth Services
- Current First Aid Certificate
- DCSI letter of clearance to work with people with a disability
- Current Manual Handling training
- Current Infection control training
ALL CLIENTS HAVE THE RIGHTS TO
Carers and Disability Link Inc. will seek to ensure each client’s rights are upheld in the development and implementation of behavioural intervention strategies and programs.
- Be free from physical, verbal, emotional and financial abuse.
- Be free from unwanted touch.
- The least restrictive intervention.
- Be free from invasion of privacy.
- Periodic, ongoing and independent scrutiny of intervention strategies.
- Feel safe and secure.
- Consistent responses.
- Have intervention strategies explained.
- Have professional support.
- Have involvement and consultation with key people in the client’s life.
- Have his/her individuality recognised.
- Have confidentiality respected.
- Be free from overuse of methods (e.g. using planned ignoring for 8 hours).
- Documented and well-designed programs.
- Trained and informed staff.
- Dispute strategies through the Grievance Procedure.
- Dispute strategies through the Guardianship Board.
- Maintenance and development of quality of life.